Safety Consultant Des Moines, IA
Construction Safety Specialists, Incorporated (CSSI) is a construction safety and risk management company that provides job site audits to construction company clients, as well as training and educational programs focused on construction site safety. CSSI professionals believe that a safe worksite is only part of an overall safety equation. Moreover, CSSI is positions to work with companies and clients to make institutional changes that impact company behavior,
CSSI is the primary safety provider to the Master Builders of Iowa. (MBI) is the recognized leader of the construction industry in the State of Iowa. Founded in 1912, the MBI is one of 90 chapters of the Associated General Contractors of America, the most influential and widely respected construction association in the country. MBI’s members perform the majority of the state’s commercial, industrial and public works building projects.
We are actively searching for a Safety Consultant to join our team. This position is responsible for providing safety and risk management consultation services as well as helping to grow CSSI’s safety products and services through sales of retainer-based services and value-added training and educational opportunities. This individual will also play a part in developing business opportunities for core safety and education products and will work closely with other staff in the development, planning, and execution of the CSSI product Line.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for conducting safety inspections and site visits. Also must portray CSSI in a professional manner and demonstrate expertise in the field of construction safety.
- Responsible to meet all quality expectations and deadlines related to reporting and client follow-up.
- Responsible with providing professional consultation services during pre-construction and throughout the duration of the project.
- Responsible for providing client with safety goals and objectives for the project
- Responsible for providing a post-job summary on safety goals and results for the project
- Responsible for providing client with safety preplanning
- Responsible for providing client with additional safety related training and education where deficiencies exist and / or persist.
- Responsible for creating new sales opportunities for training and additional site surveys
- Responsible for gathering individual member company information regarding safety education and professional development needs
- Responsible for interviewing superintendents and project managers on the jobsite regarding professional development and occupational, training, and professional development needs.
- Responsible for serving multiple contractors clients, some of which are competitors, while maintaining confidentiality of proprietary and intellectual property.
- Ability to manage time, with sometimes, unusual work hours.
- 4 year college degree or relevant work experience in lieu of a 4-year degree
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in a construction-site leadership role or construction-based safety position
- Good driving record
WHY CHOOSE CSSI?
- Medical/Dental/Vision Coverage
- 401(k) Safe Harbor Retirement Plan
- PTO/Sick Leave
- Life Insurance
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Coverage
- Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
- Company provided cell phone, laptop, and vehicle
- Company Credit Card for expenses (Gas, etc.)
- Salary commiserate of experience
Continuing education programs
To apply or for more information please e-mail resumes to Laurie Delmott