Loss Control Consultant – C-Store and Petroleum Team
Are you a safety or loss control professional with human resources and company organization experience? Does the C-store, petroleum and transportation industry interest you or match your experience? Are you interested in working side-by-side with some pretty awesome employees? Would you like to join a company with a flexible environment, a competitive total rewards package, and where celebrating successes is just part of the everyday culture? We have to admit, who wouldn’t want that?!
At Holmes Murphy, our employees play to their strengths and contribute to who we are and want to be. We like to think of ourselves as pretty irresistible. If that intrigues you and you think you have what it takes to join our team as a Loss Control Consultant for C-Store and Petroleum team, read on!
Here’s just a bit of what you’d do:
• Provide support by delivering technical advice to clients to assist them with developing an effective loss control, risk management and/or safety program with some human resources involvement to prevent accidents/injuries and reduce costs in accordance with established procedures.
• Assess a clients’ safety organization, culture, behavior and processes and provide feedback for possible opportunities for improvements.
• Provide safety program organization and management advice and support in identifying and correcting possible unsafe areas or practices by performing on-site inspections.
• Prepare reports for client management indicating findings of assessments of objectives and responsibilities.
• Perform research and follow-up for clients on safety-related issues and questions.
• Perform on-site safety (mock OSHA) surveys for clients, including property and casualty.
• Set safety goals, provide resources and evaluate long-term performance.
• Provide on-site safety training seminars for client management and employees.
• Review client safety handbooks and materials, and provide comments as necessary.
• Produce written loss control procedures and processes for clients.
• Provide safety training materials to client management for distribution to employees.
• Maintain current information on safety standards and procedures.
• Maintain active contacts within the industry to keep informed of practices at other insurance agencies.
• Provide material and resources for a group of clients such as blogs, whitepapers or webinars.
And, let’s not forget the qualifications for the job:
• A minimum of three years’ experience as a loss control, risk or safety representative is required.
• Agency or carrier experience preferred.
• Experience in the C-store, petroleum and/or transportation industries a plus.
• Be a self-starter and have an entrepreneurial spirit and flexibility
• The ability to work with detail, follow directions and maintain a high level of accuracy is a must.
• The ability to learn and use advanced technology associated with job functions is critical.
• The capability of exercising discretion in confidential matters and use independent judgment is required.
• The ability to type and use a personal computer with various software packages, including but not limited, to Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook is a must.
• The ability to communicate well with persons at all levels of authority in writing, verbally or in person is critical.
• The ability to perform multiple duties simultaneously during peak periods is required.
• A willingness to pursue industry-related education and maintain active contacts in the industry is a must.
• CSP, ARM or other designations are desirable.
• The ability to travel is required.
Finally, ask yourself this, “Am I a difference maker?” If you answered yes and you think you have what it takes to be a Loss Control Consultant for Holmes Murphy, apply today at:
Pre-employment background check required.