Region 5 Chapter Star Winners
Region 5 Chapter Star Winners for 2011
Chapter SPY Award
Chapter SPY Award: We are still taking nominations for our Chapter Safety Professional of the Year. We know there are many Hawkeye Chapter members doing good things in the safety profession. Some items that you might consider when nominating a colleague, co-worker, or other safety professional for the Chapter SPY award include:
- Demonstrated technical expertise in the broad occupational safety/health field
- Assisted local, regional, or national ASSE activities
- Contributed to the advance the of safety profession, such as: fostering professional development of members, public service, educational lecturer, etc.
- Received awards, honors, or other recognition for innovations, professional success.
- Other personal EH&S accomplishments
If someone comes to mind that meets this or your personal definition of "Safety Professional of the Year," and they are currently a member of Hawkeye Chapter, please submit a short paragraph with your nomination to Matt Clark (firstname.lastname@example.org). The deadline for submissions is April 1st, 2014.
Upcoming Local Events
ASSE Hawkeye Chapter & ISU Network Event
Thursday, November 14th, 2013
An opportunity for aspiring ISU safety students & industry safety & health professionals
to meet and develop relationships in a fun atmosphere.
• Network with safety & health professionals
• Increase understanding of what ASSE can offer
• Discover career placement opportunities
This event is open to ASSE
members and prospective
ASSE student members.
Pizza, drinks, & a game of
bowling provided by the Hawkeye chapter
Please RSVP - Joe Korpi 515-423-2992 | email@example.com or Aaron Dibble: 563-379-8278
December Chapter Meeting
December 2, 2013
Topic: Iowa State University EH&S Tour
Speaker: Paul Richmond
Location: 2809 Daley Dr.
Environmental Health & Safety Services Bldg
Please RSVP to Joe Korpi (firstname.lastname@example.org) so we can get an accurate head count.
42nd Annual Iowa Governor's Safety & Health Conference
Date: November 7th and 8th
Location: The Hotel at Kirkwood Center
Register online at www.regonline.com/gsconference2013
Have a special event whether it be professional or personal? Received an award, presented at some event, wrote a paper or got published? New baby, new grandbaby, won the lottery? The Hawkeye Chapter wants to celebrate with you! Contact Josh O’Brien email@example.com with any information and we'll share it with the chapter!