2014 Chapter of the Year
Region 5 Chapter Star Winners
Region 5 Chapter Star Winners for 2011
Chapter SPY Award
Chapter SPY Award: We are still taking nominations for our Chapter Safety Professional of the Year. We know there are many Hawkeye Chapter members doing good things in the safety profession. Some items that you might consider when nominating a colleague, co-worker, or other safety professional for the Chapter SPY award include:
- Demonstrated technical expertise in the broad occupational safety/health field
- Assisted local, regional, or national ASSE activities
- Contributed to the advance the of safety profession, such as: fostering professional development of members, public service, educational lecturer, etc.
- Received awards, honors, or other recognition for innovations, professional success.
- Other personal EH&S accomplishments
If someone comes to mind that meets this or your personal definition of "Safety Professional of the Year," and they are currently a member of Hawkeye Chapter, please submit a short paragraph with your nomination to Matt Clark (email@example.com). The deadline for submissions is April 1st, 2014.
Hawkeye Chapter Professional Development Conference (PDC)
Date: Thursday, May 22, 2014
Location: Pioneer Hi-Bred - Carver Center
700 NW 62nd Ave.
Questions: Matt Clark,
Annually, the Hawkeye ASSE Chapter holds a PDC in the spring. This year, we continue the tradition to offer more choices & networking opportunities at a value that won’t break the bank. Session lengths have been shortened to allow additional time for networking. Some of the highlights are listed:
- Conference attendees may earn CEU’s (Continuing Education Units)
- More than one session to choose from to meet your interests.
- A vendor show during breaks.
- Networking with professional colleagues.
- An affordable ASSE member price of $75.00
- Presentation of Chapter Safety Professional of the Year (SPY) Award./li>
- 2014 Conference Agenda
|Start Time||7:30-8:30||8:45-9:45||10:00 – 11:00||11:15-12:15||12:30-1:30||1:45-2:45||3:00 -4:00|
|Registration & Vendor Show||Human Safety Performance||Behaviorally Sound Incident Investigations||Conducting Hot Work Without Getting Into Hot Water!||Networking Lunch-Presentation of SPY Award||Fire Alarm Testing||Sustainability|
|DOT Regulation Update||NFPA 70E||Soft Tissue Injury Mgmt||2014 BLS Update||Interventional Orthopedics|
Have a special event whether it be professional or personal? Received an award, presented at some event, wrote a paper or got published? New baby, new grandbaby, won the lottery? The Hawkeye Chapter wants to celebrate with you! Contact Josh O’Brien firstname.lastname@example.org with any information and we'll share it with the chapter!